Restriction on use of materials
This site is owned and operated by ChingYi Technology Pte. Ltd. No material from this site may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, downloaded, posted, transmitted
or distributed in any way. All use of the material contained in this site shall be for personal, non-commercial use only, and all copyright and other proprietary notices shall remain in tact. Modification of the materials or use of the materials
for any other purpose is a violation of Ching Yi's copyright and other proprietary rights. The use of any such material on any other Web site or networked computer environment is prohibited. All trademarks, service marks and trade names are proprietary
to Ching Yi and/or its affiliated companies.
Comments and submissions
While “Ching Yi Technology” welcomes your comments regarding “Ching Yi Technology” products and services, such comments shall be deemed, and shall remain, the property of “Ching Yi Technology”. None of
the comments shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of “Ching Yi Technology”, and “Ching Yi Technology” shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of such comments. Without limitation of the
foregoing, “Ching Yi Technology” shall exclusively own all now known or hereafter existing rights to the comments of every kind and nature throughout the world and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the comments for any purpose
whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the provider of the comments.
The materials in this site are presented solely for the purpose of promoting the products and services of “Ching Yi Technology”. This site is controlled and operated by Ching Yi from its office in Singapore. Ching Yi and “Star Shield
Systems” make no representation that materials in this site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance
with local laws, if and to the extent applicable.
THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, “Ching Yi Technology” DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. “Ching Yi Technology” DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIALS WILL BE
UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall “Ching Yi Technology” be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use,
the materials in this site, even if "“Ching Yi Technology”", or any “"“Ching Yi Technology”"” authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Applicable law may not allow
the limitation or exclusion of such liability or damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. In such an event, "“Ching Yi Technology”" total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes
of action (whether in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence) or otherwise) shall not exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this site.
“Ching Yi Technology” make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of this site content or the content of any site or sites "hot-linked" to this site. Neither "“Ching Yi Technology”" and
Ching Yi nor any of its affiliates shall be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of access to or use of any content of this site or the content of any site or sites "hot-linked" to this site.
Any communication or material you post or transmit to “Ching Yi Technology” over the Internet is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. By transmitting or posting any communication or material
to this site you agree that “Ching Yi Technology” or any of its affiliates may use your communication as material for any purpose, including reproduction, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting.
Furthermore, do not post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or violate
any law. "“Ching Yi Technology”" , logos and marks appearing in this site are pending or registered trademarks are used under license by “Ching Yi Technology” or its affiliates in the geographies where “Star
Shield Systems” markets products bearing these trademarks. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any other content on this site, except as provided in these terms and conditions or in the site content, is strictly prohibited.
SALES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
“Ching Yi Technology” (hereinafter referred to as SSS) sale of Products and Support and license of Software are governed by these Terms and Conditions of Sale and Service.
- "Delivery" means standard SSS shipping to and arrival at the receiving area at the "Ship To" address specified in Customer's order.
- "Exhibits" means attachments that describe or otherwise apply to the sale or license of Products or Support.
- "Products" means hardware, Software, documentation, accessories, supplies, parts and upgrades that are determined by SSS to be available from SSS upon receipt of Customer's order. "Custom Products" means Products modified, designed
or manufactured to meet Customer requirements.
- "Software" means one or more programs capable of operating on a controller, processor or other hardware Product ("Device") and related documentation. Software is either a separate Product, included with another Product ("Bundled
Software"), or fixed in a Device and not removable in normal operation ("Firmware").
- "Specifications" means specific technical information about SSS Products, which is published in SSS Product manuals and technical data sheets in effect on the date SSS ships Customer's order.
- "Support" means hardware maintenance and repair; Software updates and maintenance; training; and other standard support services provided by SSS. "Custom Support" means any agreed non-standard Support, including consulting and
custom project services.
- Prices are valid for the period quoted by SSS or for the applicable purchase agreement ordering period, whichever expires first. Prices remain valid for 30 days from the original order date unless otherwise quoted by SSS. Change
orders that extend Delivery beyond those validity periods become new orders at prices in effect when SSS receives the change orders. Support prices, except for Custom and prepaid Support, may be changed by SSS upon 60 days written
- Prices are exclusive of, and Customer will pay, applicable sales, use, service, value added or like taxes, unless Customer has provided SSS with an appropriate exemption certificate for the Delivery jurisdiction.
- All orders are subject to acceptance by SSS. Product orders must specify Delivery within 90 days from order date, unless otherwise agreed or quoted by SSS.
- Customer will specify Ship To addresses within the country where the order is placed, unless otherwise agreed.
- Customer may cancel orders for Products (except Custom Products) prior to shipment at a cancellation charge of 25% of order value. Customer will pay all charges for returning Products to SSS shipping location and 50% cancellation
charge if Product orders are cancelled after shipment.
SSS will make reasonable efforts to meet Customer's Delivery requirements. If SSS is unable to meet Customer's Delivery requirements, alternative arrangements may be agreed. In the absence of such agreement, Customer's sole remedy is to cancel the order.
- SHIPMENT, RISK OF LOSS OR DAMAGE, AND TITLE
SSS will ship according to SSS's standard commercial practice, and risk of loss or damage and title will pass from SSS to Customer at the Ship To address. Shipping and handling charges will be listed separately on SSS's invoice when not included in the
Product's purchase price. If Customer requested special packing or shipping instructions are agreed to by SSS, charges will be billed separately to Customer, and risk of loss or damage and title will pass to Customer on delivery to Customer's carrier
- INSTALLATION AND ACCEPTANCE
- Product installation information is available with Products, on quotations or upon request. Installation by SSS, when included in the purchase price, is complete when the Product passes SSS's installation and test procedures.
- For Products without installation included in the purchase price, acceptance by Customer occurs upon Delivery. For Products with installation included in the purchase price, acceptance by Customer occurs upon completion of installation
by SSS. If Customer schedules or delays installation by SSS more than 30 days after Delivery, Customer acceptance of the Product(s) will occur on the 31st day after Delivery.
- Payment terms are subject to SSS credit approval. Payment is due 7 days from SSS's invoice date. Invoices for contractual support services and maintenance will be issued in advance of the Support period. SSS may change credit or
payment terms at any time when, in SSS's opinion, Customer's financial condition, previous payment record, or the nature of Customer's relationship with SSS so warrants.
- SSS may discontinue performance if Customer fails to pay any sum due, or fails to perform under this or any other SSS agreement if, after 10 days written notice, the failure has not been cured.
- Product warranty period and additional information is available with Products, on quotations, or upon request.
- Products purchased from SSS will receive the standard warranty in the country of purchase. If Customer moves such Products to another country where SSS has Support presence, then Customer will receive the destination country standard
- Customer may receive a different warranty when the Product is purchased as part of a system. SSS reserves the right to change the warranty. Such changes will affect only new orders.
- The warranty period begins on the date of Delivery, or the date of installation if installed by SSS. If Customer schedules or delays installation by SSS more than 30 days after Delivery, the warranty period begins on the 31st day
- If Customer transfers a Product to another user, warranty service is available to that user for the remainder of the warranty period.
- SSS warrants SSS hardware Products against defects in materials and workmanship. SSS further warrants that SSS hardware Products conform to Specifications.
- SSS warrants that Software will not fail to execute its programming instructions due to defects in materials and workmanship when properly installed and used on the Device designated by SSS. SSS further warrants that SSS owned standard
Software would substantially conform to Specifications. SSS does not warrant that Software will operate in hardware and software combinations selected by Customer, or meet requirements specified by Customer.
- SSS does not warrant that the operation of Products will be uninterrupted or error free.
- If SSS receives notice of defects or non-conformance to hardware Specifications, or substantial non-conformance to SSS owned standard Software Specifications during the warranty period, SSS will, at its option, repair or replace
the affected Products. If SSS is unable, within a reasonable time, to repair, replace or correct a defect or non-conformance in a Product to a condition as warranted, Customer will be entitled to a refund of the purchase price upon
prompt return of the Product to SSS. Customer will pay expenses for return of such Products to SSS. SSS will pay expenses for shipment of repaired or replacement Products.
- SSS warrants that SSS Support will be provided in a professional and workmanlike manner. SSS will replace, at no charge, parts, which are defective and returned to SSS within 90 days of Delivery.
- Some newly manufactured SSS Products may contain and SSS Support may use remanufactured parts, which are equivalent to new in performance.
- The above warranties do not apply to defects resulting from improper or inadequate maintenance by Customer; Customer or third party supplied software, interfacing or supplies; unauthorized modification; improper use or operation
outside of the Specifications for the Product; abuse, negligence, accident, loss or damage in transit; improper site preparation; or unauthorized maintenance or repair.
- THE ABOVE WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND NO OTHER WARRANTY, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL, IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SSS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
- Customer may order Support from SSS other than current Support offering. Some Support (and related Products) may not be available in all countries. Orders for Support are subject to the terms of the Support Exhibit or quotation in
effect on the date of order.
- To be eligible for Support, Products must be at current specified revision levels and, in SSS reasonable opinion, in good operating condition.
- SSS may, at no additional charge, modify Products to improve operation, supportability and reliability, or to meet legal requirements.
- Relocation of Products is Customer's responsibility. Relocation may result in additional Support charges and modified service response times. Support of Products moved to another country is subject to availability.
- SSS will provide Support for products not supplied by SSS when approved by SSS in writing. SSS will provide Support for SSS Products when Customer allows SSS to perform modifications if requested by SSS under Section 9. c) above.
Customer is responsible for removing any products not eligible for Support to allow SSS to perform Support services. If Support services are made more difficult because of such product(s), SSS will charge Customer for the extra work
at SSS standard rates.
- Support does not cover any damage or failure caused by:
- use of non-SSS media, supplies and other products; or
- site conditions that do not conform to SSS site specifications; or
- neglect, improper use, fire or water damage, electrical disturbances, transportation by Customer, work or modification by people other than SSS employees or subcontractors, or other causes beyond SSS control; or
- inability of any non-SSS products in Customer's environment to correctly process, provide or receive date data (i.e., representations for month, day, and year), and to properly exchange date data with the Products supplied
- Customer is responsible for maintaining a procedure external to the Products to reconstruct lost or altered Customer files, data or programs. Customer will have a representative present when SSS provides Support services at Customer's
site. Customer will notify SSS if Products are being used in an environment which poses a potential health or safety hazard to SSS employees or subcontractors; SSS may require Customer to maintain such Products under SSS supervision
and may postpone service until such hazard is remedied.
- Customer may delete Products under Support or cancel Support orders upon 30 days written notice. Upon 60 days written notice, SSS may cancel Support orders or delete Products no longer included in SSS Support offering.
"Use" means storing, loading, installing, executing or displaying Software on a Device.
"Software License" means the Use authorization(s) for the Software specified by SSS in its quotation, invoice or other documentation. Each Software License has a corresponding License Fee.
"License Fee" means the fee or fees designated by SSS for Use of Software. Different License Fees may apply to particular Software if more than one Software License is available for that Software.
- In return for the License Fee, SSS grants Customer a non-exclusive license to Use the object code version of the Software listed in Customer's order in conformance with:
- the terms set forth herein; and
- Use restrictions and authorizations for the Software specified by SSS in its quotation, invoice or terms that accompany the Software; and
- SSS third party suppliers' terms that accompanies the Software.
In the event of a conflict, the third party suppliers' terms that accompany the Software will take precedence over the Use restrictions and authorizations specified by SSS and the terms set forth herein, and the Use restrictions and
authorizations specified by SSS will take precedence over the terms set forth herein.
- Unless otherwise specified, in return for the applicable License Fee, SSS grants Customer a license to Use one copy of the Software on one Device at any one time.
- Unless otherwise specified, all Software Licenses will be perpetual unless terminated or transferred in accordance with Section 10. k).
- If Customer is an SSS authorized reseller, Customer may sublicense the Software to an end-user for its Use or (if applicable) sublicense the Software to an SSS authorized reseller for subsequent distribution to an end-user for its
Use. These sublicenses must incorporate the terms of this Software License in a written sublicense agreement, which will be made available to SSS upon request. If Customer is not an SSS authorized reseller, Customer may not sublicense
the Software unless otherwise agreed to by SSS in writing.
- Software is owned and copyrighted by SSS or by third party suppliers. Customer's Software License confers no title or ownership and is not a sale of any rights in the Software. Third party suppliers may protect their rights in the
Software in the event of any infringement.
- Unless otherwise permitted by SSS, Customer may only make copies or adaptations of the Software for archival purposes or when copying or adaptation is an essential step in the authorized Use of the Software on a backup Device, provided
that copies and adaptations are used in no other manner and provided further that the Use on the backup Device is discontinued when the original or replacement Device becomes operable.
- Customer must reproduce all copyright notices in or on the original Software on all permitted copies or adaptations. Customer may not copy the Software onto any public or distributed network.
- Bundled Software or Firmware provided to Customer may only be used when operating the associated Device in configurations as sold or subsequently upgraded by SSS. Customer may transfer Firmware only upon transfer of the associated
- Updates, upgrades or other enhancements are available under SSS Support agreements. SSS reserves the right to require additional licenses and fees for Use of the Software on upgraded Devices.
- Customer will not modify, disassemble or decompile the Software without prior written consent of SSS. Where Customer has other rights under statute, Customer will provide SSS with reasonably detailed information regarding any intended
disassembly or decompilation. Customer will not decrypt the Software unless necessary for legitimate use of the Software.
- Customer's Software License is transferable subject to prior written authorization by SSS and payment to SSS of any applicable fee(s). Upon transfer of the Software License, Customer will immediately deliver all copies of the Software
to the transferee. The transferee must agree in writing to the terms of Customer's Software License. All Software License terms will be binding on involuntary transferees, notice of which is hereby given. Customer's Software License
will automatically terminate upon transfer.
- SSS may terminate Customer's or any transferee or sub-licensee’s Software License upon notice for failure to comply with any applicable Software License terms. Immediately upon termination, the Software and all copies of the
Software will be destroyed or returned to SSS. Copies of the Software that are merged into adaptations, except for individual pieces of data in Customer's or transferee's or sub-licensee's database, will be removed and destroyed or returned
to SSS. With written consent of SSS, one copy of the Software may be retained subsequent to termination for archival purposes.
- If the Software is licensed for use in the performance of a U.S. government prime contract or subcontract, Customer agrees that Software is delivered as "Commercial computer software" as defined in DFARS 252.227-7014 (Jun 1995) or
as a "commercial item" as defined in FAR 2.101(a), or as "Restricted computer software" as defined in FAR 52.227-19 (Jun 1987) (or any equivalent agency regulation or contract clause), whichever is applicable. Customer agrees that the
regulations and obligations in Exhibit U1 apply to all such Software and that the Software is adequately marked when the Restricted Rights legend in Exhibit U1 is affixed to the Software media. Customer further agrees that the Software
has been developed entirely at private expense.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- SSS will defend or settle any claim against Customer, (or third parties to whom Customer is authorized by SSS to resell or sublicense), that Products or Support (excluding Custom Products and Custom Support), delivered under these
Terms and Conditions of Sale and Service infringe a patent, utility model, industrial design, copyright, trade secret, mask work or trademark in the country where Products are used, sold or receive Support, provided Customer:
- promptly notifies SSS in writing; and
- cooperates with SSS in, and grants SSS sole control of the defense or settlement.
- SSS will pay infringement claim defense costs, settlement amounts and court-awarded damages. If such a claim appears likely, SSS may modify the Product, procure any necessary license, or replace it. If SSS determines that none of
these alternatives is reasonably available, SSS will refund Customer's purchase price upon return of the Product if within one year of Delivery, or the Product's net book value thereafter.
- SSS has no obligation for any claim of infringement arising from:
- Compliance by SSS with Customer's designs, specifications or instructions;
- Use of technical information or technology provided by Customer;
- Product modifications by Customer or a third party;
- Product use prohibited by Specifications or related application notes; or
- Product use with products not supplied by SSS.
- These terms state entire liability of SSS for claims of intellectual property infringement.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND REMEDIES
- Products are not specifically designed, manufactured or intended for sale as parts, components or assemblies for the planning, construction, maintenance, or direct operation of a nuclear, bio-chemical or weapons facility. Customer
is solely liable if Products or Support purchased by Customer are used for these applications. Customer will indemnify and hold SSS harmless from all loss, damage, expense or liability in connection with such use.
- To the extent SSS is held legally liable to Customer, liability of SSS is limited to:
- payments described in Sections 8. i) and 11. b) above;
- damages for bodily injury directly and solely attributed to the products supplied by SSS;
- direct damages to tangible property up to a limit of U.S.$1,000;
- other direct damages for any claim based on a material breach of Support services, up to a maximum of 12 months of the related Support charges paid by Customer during the period of material breach; and
- other direct damages for any claim based on a material breach of any other term of these Terms and Conditions of Sale and Service, up to a limit of U.S.$5,000 or the amount paid to SSS for the associated Product, whichever
- Notwithstanding Section 12. b) above, in no event will SSS or its affiliates, subcontractors or suppliers be liable for any of the following:
- actual loss or direct damage that is not listed in 12. b) above;
- damages for loss of data, or software restoration;
- damages relating to Customer's procurement of substitute products or services (i.e., "cost of cover"); or
- incidental, special or consequential damages (including downtime costs or lost profits, but excluding payments described in Section 11. above and damages for bodily injury).
- THE REMEDIES IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE AND SERVICE ARE CUSTOMER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES.
- Transactions may be conducted through Electronic Data Interchange ("EDI") or other electronic methods, as agreed.
- SSS will not be liable for performance delays or for non-performance, due to causes beyond its reasonable control.
- If either party becomes insolvent, is unable to pay its debts when due, files for bankruptcy, is the subject of involuntary bankruptcy, has a receiver appointed, or has its assets assigned, the other party may cancel any unfulfilled
- Neither party may assign its rights or obligations hereunder without the other party’s prior written consent, except to the surviving entity in a merger or consolidation in which it participates or to a purchaser of all or
substantially all of its assets, so long as such surviving entity or purchaser shall expressly assume in writing the performance of all of the terms of these Terms and Conditions of Sale and Service.
- Customer who exports, re-exports or imports Products, technology or technical data purchased hereunder, assumes responsibility for complying with applicable laws and regulations, and for obtaining required export and import authorizations.
SSS may suspend performance if Customer is in violation of applicable regulations.
- Disputes arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions of Sale and Service will be governed by the laws of the country and locality in which SSS accepts the order.
- A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions of Sale and Service has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 2001to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions of Sale and Service but this does
not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
- Provisions herein, which by their nature extend beyond the termination of any sale or license of Products or Support, will remain in effect until fulfilled.
- If any term or provision herein is determined to be illegal or unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the terms or provisions herein will remain in full force and effect.
- Customer will not register or use any Internet domain name which contains SSS trademarks (e.g. “Star-Shield”, “SSS” or “Ching Yi Technology”) in whole or in part or any other name, which is confusingly
- These Terms and Conditions of Sale and Service of SSS and any Exhibits constitute the entire agreement between SSS and Customer, and supersede any previous communications, representations or agreements between the parties, whether
oral or written, regarding transactions hereunder. Customer's additional or different terms and conditions will not apply. Customer's purchase or license of Products and Support will constitute Customer's acceptance of these SSS Terms
and Conditions of Sale and Service, which may not be changed except by an amendment signed by an authorized representative of each party.